Who We Are
We are a storytelling initiative dedicated to bringing the magic of cinema to digital audiences in India and beyond. We don’t just make movies. We believe in creating a world that has as much life as one we live in. Our stories, characters and situations are inspired from ordinary human beings. We believe in being able to cast a spell as strong as the proverbial ‘maya’. With this belief in mind, we went about creating the now well-known 3-part YouTube series: “A Frustrated Software Engineer” and the thought provoking short-film “A Premarital Question”, among many others.
- To be the most beloved storytelling house of Indian audience.
- To inspire and engage the audience through high quality original productions.
- The story must be thought provoking
- The story must be as engaging as life itself
- There mustn’t be any compromise on quality of viewer experience
2017 – The Year In Progress
- Released FSE Moment 2, 3 and 4
- Released A Frustrated Software Engineer: 3 | An Onsite Dream
The Launch of Ashima Pictures
- Launched Ashima Pictures as a motion pictures division of Ashima Theatre Group
- Released Are They Eligible to Rape?
- Released A Premarital Question
- Launched FSE Moments series and released FSE Moment 1
- Crossed 10 thousand subscribers
The Second Leap
- Released Varma Ji Ka Suitcase
- Conducted theatre and storytelling workshop for Tata Consultancy Services cultural wing, Maitree
- Released A Frustrated Software Engineer: 2 | An Appraisal Discussion
- Got hired for creating digital TVC for Freshers World Released Enough Secrets
The First Leap
- Released a short-film Vorahnung
- Performed a play Intruders in Darwin Nest
- Released A Frustrated Software Engineer: 1 | A Leave Approval
- Ashima Theatre was established
- Performed two plays: Taghayyur, Das Treffen